CW: Mildly NSFW
-------------
Like I said, Geoffrey and Bruno become daily fixtures around my house. I love it. We're almost like an actual family. Bruno keeps asking why he has to go home every night, that why can't THIS be home? Geoff explains it's because he and I aren't married yet. Bruno scowls and asks why not.
Yeah.
"Geoff, I can just hire a repairman." He hates, and I mean loathes doing repair work. I know he does, but I wonder if he's doing it in some weird way to impress me.
"No, no. I've got it. Ow!" He pinches his finger. At this rate, his clumsiness is only going to break it more. "Almost.... There." It's fixed. Good. My house only has the one bathroom.
He and Bruno wind up staying later and later every night, meaning Bruno is exhausted by the time they leave. I put my foot down and get him a bed.
He sleeps in Carlie's room with her on those nights when Geoffrey doesn't have work the next day. We'll sometimes stay up until two in order to have time alone together. Then Geoff sleeps on the sofa, and he makes a point of Bruno knowing where he's sleeping.
Time both flies and drags along. Geoffrey manages to keep a lid on his passion, but I'm about ready to burst into flames. He does what he deems he can to help, but it's not the same.
"Who threw away my motorcycle magazine?" Bruno asks with suspicion dripping in his tone.
"I didn't think you needed it," Geoff replies.
"Dad! This is my favorite!" He storms off with the slightly-dirty magazine in his hand.
Ah, family life.
One morning, I wake up to the sound of clanking and muffled cursing. When I come into the kitchen, I find my fiance in his jammies and standing in a puddle of water.
"I've got it," he says before I can utter a word. I merely sigh and go find the mop.
When he gets home from work, he pulls me aside to talk.
I grin. "Does this mean you're going to let me hire a handyman?" I'm teasing, and he knows it.
He purses his lips for a second. "No. I'm fixing things just fine. I'm just tired of having to fix them in the first place."
"Well why don't you let me do it?" I giggle. I already know why: it's that 'old fashioned' streak he has. He's lucky I think it's cute because otherwise it would get really annoying.
"Because I don't mind." He's backing himself into a corner. He huffs. "Anyway, that's not the point I'm trying to get to here."
He gives me a look. "You know perfectly well you're distracting me."
I open my mouth in mock outrage. "Why would you accuse me of something like that?"
"Because it's truth."
"I thought you said you liked my distractions." I grin. Sure, I loved joking around with him when I considered us just friends, but now that we're more, it's so much better.
"I love your distractions." He grabs my wrists and starts backing me into the hallway. I can't stop giggling, and he drops his facade for a moment to smile. Then it's back on as he opens my bedroom door behind me and pushes me inside, closing it behind him.
"Oh, so you think you have me now, huh?" I tease as he keeps backing me towards the closet.
"Yes, I do." He opens the closet door.
"Why, Geoffrey. The closet? What about your resolve?" I seriously doubt he's going all the way, but I love taunting him.
He successfully grabs me. "Gray area. They're my favorite nowadays. And that dress and my tongue have unfinished business."
Yes! I knew he couldn't resist me in this simple little dress.
Then those laughs turn to gasps.
And the gasps to moans.
Mark can't compare. Geoff has skills. Yes, there's no actual woohoo, but his tongue definitely gets a workout. My hands get the impressions of the hangers as they sit on the rod in the closet because I grip the rod so hard while my wonderful fiance drives me out of my mind in the darkness of the closet.
"You were saying something? I think I want to take a nap." My knees try to buckle.
His arms go around me. "Hold it, gorgeous. I think I just thought of a better way to do this."
"I don't know. That was pretty damn good. And you think you can top it?"
He laughs. "Come here." He stands me apart from him.
He gets out a present. "I was going to wait until later, but I think it makes sense for you to open this now."
"What is it?" I take the box.
His lips quirk. "Well, you see, the idea here is that you're not supposed to know. That's why it's wrapped up. You're supposed to OPEN it." He grins.
I give him a look. "I know that, goober."
"Well, yeah. You take pictures of Carlie and Bruno all the time. I thought they'd be better with a better camera. Not that they're bad, but, well, I wanted to."
I hug him. I don't deserve him.
"And," he continues, "maybe you could have more space for pictures if I bought you... a new house."
"What?"
"I haven't done it yet. But I want to. For US. I want something new that'll be for both of us. OUR home."
I'd been wondering how we were going to make the Landgraab house work for us. It just didn't feel like ME. Sure, I'd live anywhere if it meant it was with him, but to have a place that's new for both of us: He's brilliant.
"Is this your way of saying you want another spin in the closet? Or maybe we could get a hot tub. Those are pretty fun." He takes my hand.
"Aren't you tired?"
He chuckles. "Hardly." He pulls me once more to the closet, but I stand my ground.
"Geoff, I'm barely upright as it is." I watch him walk back in front of me.
Dayum, who knew he had this in him?
The following weekend, we go look at houses. Or... house. I fall in love with the first one.
"Probably."
"Too bad." He picks me up and carries me to me laughing my head off. Then, he nearly topples both of us as he trips going up the stairs. After we right ourselves, he shrugs and throws me over his shoulder, carrying me into... our... house.
So... he pretty much moves in. At any rate, Bruno gets his own room. Geoffrey still, however, makes a point of making sure his son knows he sleeps on the couch at night.
"It's a new house, Bruno. How could there be a ghost?" I hear Geoff ask.
"It's under my bed. Dad, please go look!"
I hear a sigh and then see Geoff lumber off to his son's new room.
That's not the only issue. He may sleep in the living room, but Geoff usually uses the master bathroom. It's not normally a big deal. He gets up early and leaves to go to work, doing his showering then while I'm sleeping. I shower at random moments.
For instance, when he gets home from work one evening...
...I feel a sudden draft as I'm taking my shower, but then it goes away. I don't think much of it. Could've been the A/C.
I turn around and see him standing there, watching me. "Geoffrey!" I make a feeble attempt to cover myself.
His eyebrows raise. "Yes?"
"What are you doing?"
"I'm having a great time. You?"
"Get out of here!" Don't know why I'm bashful all of a sudden. Maybe it was the way he was just STARING.
He chuckles. "As you wish." He turns and dutifully walks out of the bathroom.
Later, I grab a plate of dinner and see he's on the back porch. Yeah, he has some explaining to do.
"Oh! Gladly."
He's having too much fun with this.
"So I get home from work and need to use the restroom." He pauses. "That's a really quiet shower, have you noticed?"
I take a bite, continuing my glare. "Not really."
"Hm. Well, maybe my mind was elsewhere. But don't worry, I was certainly paying close attention when I walked into the bathroom."
"I did until you noticed me." He fights a smile. "It wasn't near long enough." He gets up and walks around to sit next to me. "I could've stood there all evening watching you, especially when you'd reach up to wet your hair."
"Very much." His hand slides over and lands on my knee. In a lower, more serious tone, he tells me, "I don't know how much more of this I can take, Alice. We'll go to the courthouse. You can still have the big wedding later, but I'm losing my mind."
Again, he's totally serious. "Yes. Where do you want to go on the honeymoon? Sulani? Selvadorada is nice, but it has a lot of bugs. There's always Mount Komorebi, but, hm, warmer would probably be better because the more you stay naked, the happier I'll be."
He is milliseconds from pouncing on me. I wouldn't mind one bit, but I know he'll hate himself afterwards for being unable to wait. I reach over and gently take his hand. The way he snaps his fingers around mine tells me how close he is to the breaking point. "This way." It's like he's been hypnotized as I pull him up from the picnic table. But then he surprises me.
His kiss tells me his intent, and I realize I have to walk a very fine line here. Yes, dammit, I want him, but I don't want him hating himself.
He pulls up. "I can't stand it anymore, Alice. I'm just a man. I've been barely staying under control as it is, but you have no idea how close I came to jumping into that shower, fully clothed or not."
"It's okay, Geoffrey," I say to his pained expression, and I tug on his arms and lead him into the living room. We get to the green armchair. "Have a seat."
"What?" He does, but he acts like he wants to pull me down with him. In a way, I let him, undoing his pants. When I get on my knees on the floor in front of him, he realizes what's going on. "Oh holy plum, Alice." He doesn't stop me.
He breathes in shuddering gasps, trying to keep quiet so we don't wake Bruno. I would've taken him to the bedroom, but I honestly worried I'd lose control if we got that far.
"That's.... so...." He squeezes the back of my hair, making me pause--in a way. Then his entire body tenses up before I drive him crashing over the edge. He wilts back on the chair, trying to catch his breath. He doesn't stop me from sitting in his lap, so I curl up on him.
When he's able to speak, his voice sounds breathy when he says, "Thank you. And by 'thank you,' I mean thank you for stopping me. And well... yeah."
"I knew you would hate yourself later," I explain.
He kisses my forehead. "You're right. I would've. You saved me from a depressing bout of self-loathing in the... nicest way."
I chuckle. "I'm sorry you're having to wait so long. I really want the wedding on Love Day because I think that's the day I finally figured out I was in love with you." Only to wake up the next morning pregnant with another man's child.
"And I can wait, especially now that I know that's the reason." He kisses my forehead. "We're going to be a family, Alice. Forgive me if the waiting gets difficult."
"Well, we know how to handle that, right?" I smile to his light laughter.
-----------------------------
Alice and Geoff's new house can be found HERE.






























No comments:
Post a Comment