Monday, March 6, 2023

Alicekai'd 1.4: Going In Circles

 
 
     My "quest" to meet new people leads me to join the Spirit Squad. They're fun. Maybe I'll connect with one of them.
     "Here are the banners," a girl with a high ponytail tells me. "It'll be easy." She tells me what time would be the best to prank Foxbury.
     Play a prank. Okay. Gotta love initiations.

     That WAS easy. Geez, this school must not believe in late night parties. That, or maybe they're all too distracted WITH them.
      I stand here and think back to my date with Don. After we'd left the restaurant, we went and sat to talk. He's deeper than I gave him credit for. Although, I'm not sure how I've come to that conclusion considering all we did was talk about ME some more. I did, however, find out that, yes, he's living with Nina and Dina Caliente. He assures me there is nothing going on, but seriously, I'm supposed to believe that? This is DON LOTHARIO after all. Why am I getting hung up on him?

     He's come to hang out at the dorms twice now. Each time has been right before or right after his shift at work. We've made out. I'm getting curious how it feels to be a sim during woohoo.
     I'm losing my mind, I think to myself, considering how I haven't done any research about how to escape this alternate reality (or whatever it is) since I started seeing Don. But that's just it! I CAN'T find anything even when I try to look. The only thing I can really do now is keep my eyes and ears open.

      "Is this better?" he asks.
      "Yes." Wait. Where am I? I barely remember getting here. Oh well, I'm on a date with Don. A thought occurs to me: "So, Don?"
      "Yes?" Damn his hands are talented. 
      "Why, exactly, are you living with Nina and Dina?"
      He pauses for only a second. "Because it is the easiest way I can afford to live in a nice house." He wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me back into him. "Don't worry. You are the only one I'm interested in."
      "So, does this mean we're exclusive?" I feel him tense.
      "Y-yes?" He clears his throat. "Well, it is as I said. I'm not interested in anyone else."
      I turn around and smile at him. His smile looks a tad forced.
      Our conversation turns, but it comes back to Nina and Dina.

       Finally, I guess from having had enough of it, he pulls me to the door to ask, "Would you like to meet them?" I think he means so that I can judge for myself if there's anything. "Would that put you more at ease?"
      My shoulders drop--I'd not realized they were tense. Nodding, I smile and say, "Yes."
      He also relaxes and takes my hand, and we leave for his house.
      I meet the famous Nina and Dina. They both act distracted and a bit annoyed at Don for making them stop whatever it was they were doing so that they could meet me. At least he introduces me as his new girlfriend.
      We go to his room next. Yep. One thing leads to another...

     There's no way to describe it, other than to say it's gooooood. Toe-curling good. Maybe it's because it's him. All my teen fantasies about Don Lothario come true. Maybe this IS all just a dream. I don't want to wake.
     When it's over, he pulls me back under, and we go again. Afterwards, I pass out asleep.

     The next thing I know, I'm jolted awake realizing that I never finished tomorrow's homework assignment! I quickly sit up and start on it. Don isn't in here, but I hear someone nearby in the restroom.
 
     "Why do you attend the university? Wouldn't it be easier to just start a career?" He pauses. "Don't misunderstand. You being there means I met you, but I've always wondered about the students."
      I smile. "I did have a job, but I wasn't happy. I'm hoping that with a degree I might be able to move forward faster." And so that I might have better access to research materials, I remind myself. Something I haven't bothered to check out other than to scratch the surface. I've been distracted by Mr. Six-pack next to me. 
     He tells me he needs to get ready for work, and I also check the time. I need to get back to campus. On my way out, my mood sours.

     What are you DOING, Alice? Even though I'd had fun playing with the sim of Don in Sims 2, I'd always sort of felt sorry for the women he wronged. But it didn't really matter. It wasn't real.
      Now I've BECOME one of them. But it shouldn't matter, right? It's not real.
      Right?

     Over the next few days, my thoughts go in circles around this very concept. I don't really respond to Don's texts--only one or two word answers. I can't help but think about where my attention should lie.
     I make two A+'s on my final grades and start a new term.

No comments:

Post a Comment